Friday, June 24, 2011

Lake Stubblefield - North Lake Conroe

First time on Lake Stubblefield at the northern tip of Lake Conroe.  Stubblefield is more of a network of streams and small ponds than an actual "Lake".

Launched at the road near the campground and paddled along the West side (away from the bridge).  Water level was low, so my planned route was blocked.  Spent the day checking out streams, pulling in flathead catfish and experimenting with the camera rig.  A few pics here. Will try another route next week and do an actual bass report.

The GoPro is a wearable/mountable sports camera capable of continual High Def video or Photography (30 pics per minute).  I have the GoPro mounted forward of the console on a Scotty mount.  The camera allows me to ignore taking pictures and focus on fishing.  After a run I can review all the pictures and select the good ones.   I'm becoming a big fan.


No comments:

Post a Comment